- the sum of all data in a set of data
- divided by the number of numbers in the set of data
- the average of a set of data
3,4,5,6,7,9.10,11 (3+4+5+6+7+9+10+11) /8= 6.875
the mean is 6.875
- the middle number in a set of data
- (4) is the median in this set of data
- the most frequent occuring numbers in a set of data
- if there are no most ocurring numbers there is no mode
6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,9,13,13,15,19,22,22,22,22,22,23, in this set of
data (6) is the mode.
1,2,3,4,5,6 in this set of data there is no mode
- the range is the highest value number subtracted from the lowest value number.
- there is always a RANGE in a set of data.
- second easiest
1,3,6,8, 9,10 1-10=9 the range is 9